Lenovo once again has introduced a super powerful smartphone – The Lenovo K3 Note and we know if you’re visiting this page then you want to root your Lenovo K3 Note and install clockwork mode followed by the custom ROMs on it. With the collaboration of sale on Flipkart, there has been already 50000 units to be sold on the flash sale on 7th July 2015. You can purchase Lenovo K3 Note from here on Flipkart for Rs 9999 only.
Lenovo K3 Note has a brilliant 5.5 inch full HD display with a fantastic 13 MP primary camera and 5 MP secondary camera; the device is running on Android Lollipop 5.0 which is boosted with a 2 GB RAM along with 16 GB ROM or the internal storage space. Lenovo K3 Note has a 1.7 GHz clock speed on a Cortex-A53 MediaTek MT6752 processor which is a 64-bit variant and is 4G enabled.
You can Root Lenovo K3 Note and Install CWM or TWRP Recovery in a very quick and easy way using two different methods, but before going any further we would like to bring to your notice that when your device is rooted, you then get the full root access to your device which means you will be able to remove the bloatware, i.e., the pre-installed unwanted applications that are pretty annoying and resource eating apps. Also, you will be able to install custom firmware or ROMs available(we will post them too soon).
If you’re not familiar with Flash tools method then you can proceed with method 2 but we do believe it is a bit time consuming, we have another easy method for you to Root your Lenovo K3 Note through ADB & Fastboot method which we have also tried it on our Lenovo A6000 a few months back and our users found it out to be very easy and convenient.
DISCLAIMER: To your kind notice we would like to inform you that we are not responsible if you brick your device or your SD card dies and/or your phone starts operating abnormally. It would be your own responsibility and your own wish to go any further, we are just helping you out to get the maximum benefit of your smartphone.
Things which you need to follow before :
- Take a backup of your data. We don’t gurantee if something is erased. Always take precautions .
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Goto > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- If Developer Options is not located under settings then enable it by going to settings > About Phone > Device Info and tap on Build Number for about 7-8 times. And then go back and follow the previous step.
- Goto > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Make sure you have at least 50% battery.
- Go to Settings > Security and enable Unknown Sources option.
- Connect your Lenovo K3 Note smartphone to your PC and install the application (CDROM) which you can see in your My Computer/This PC. ( This is important, I tried many other tutorials without installing this and my phone was not showing up. But after installing this, my phone was showing up on adb)
Method 1 – How To Root Lenovo K3 Note Using ADB Fastboot
Step 1: Extract the files which you downloaded.
Step 2: Copy the recovery.img file to C: Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot or C: Program FilesMinimal ADB and Fastboot directory.
Step 3: Open the C: Program Files (x86)Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory and press and hold the shift key and right-click anywhere inside the folder at the empty space and choose open command window here.
Right-click py_cmd.exe and run as administrator
Step 4: Now in CMD type:
It will show something like this
Step 5: Now type
adb reboot bootloader
This will reboot your device into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode.
Step 6: Now type
fastboot boot recovery.img
Once flashed type the following command to reboot Lenovo A6000.
Now you have successfully installed CWM on your Lenovo A6000 smartphone. The next step would be rooting your device
Method 2 – How to Root Lenovo K3 Note Using Flash Tools
Step 1: Extract the LenovoUsbDriver_techolite.com.rar and install the software
Step 2: Extract the Flash_Tools_techolite.com.rar file and then open flash_tool.exe (run it as an administrator) Also Extract Recovery_Lemon_K3_Note_techolite.com.rar in the same folder
Step 3: Now select MT6752_Android_scatter.txt
Step 4: Click on Options from the top then Download and make sure DA DL all with Checksum is checked
Step 5: Select the Download Only, and then click Download
- Now just tick the checkbox recovery and browse to the extracted files and locate recovery.img
- Turn off your Lenovo K3 Note and remove the battery
- Click the big download button on top right and insert the battery and connect the phone with USB cable on switch off condition.
- Now you will see the red stripe showing download percentage.
Congratulations now you have successfully installed CWM Recovery on your Lenovo K3 Note
Steps to enter Recovery mode in Lenovo K3 Note
- Press and hold the Volume Down Button + Volume Up Button + Power Button.
- When you see the Boot Screen, Release the Power Button but keep the Volume Buttons pressed until you see the Recovery Screen
How to Root Lenovo K3 Note:
- CWM/TWRP recovery installed
- SuperSu – Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
Step 1: Copy the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file in your SD card root folder
Step 2: Enter/Reboot to recovery mode on your device
Step 3: Select the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file and click update to root Lenovo k3 note
You can confirm your device is rooted or not by downloading the Root Check application from Playstore
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC from here
- Download the following files for Lenovo K3 Note
- Lenovo USB Tools – Download it from here
- Flash Tools – Download it from here
- Recovery IMAGES
- CWM Recovery Image and Scatter Text File (Developer – liuxinghost)- Download it from here (for lollipop)
- Stock Recovery Image and Scatter Text File – Download it from here (for lollipop)
- TWRP 3.0.3 Recovery Image – Download it from here (for lollipop)
- TWRP 188.8.131.52 Recovery Image – Download it from here (for Marshmallow)
9 thoughts on “How To Root Lenovo K3 Note And Install Custom Recovery”
after the type “fastboot boot recovery.img” it shows “waiting for adevice”.. what can i do plzz tell me…
thanks i have done on my lenovo k3 note indian version
btw, tell me this.. I have Lenovo Recovery as default foastboot in phone. What if I install SU.zip masked as update.zip? Basically fool the system in installing SU instead of any update. Since Lenovo recovery allows installing zip updates. I used the same method for my Acer A500 tablet.
Are you sure, about the fastboot boot command??
Shouldnt it be Fastboot “Flash” command instead???
I liked your method since it didnt flash the original recovery, at least I hope so. And thus wont void warranty.
Anyhow, its fails to boot, says — Failed
Have you installed the drivers?
Yes, I have installed the drivers.
Fastboot devices and adb devices to make sure that the same can communicate with phone.
btw, there is this forum that says boot command was lcoked and kernel mode of boot is required (nexus 4 days)
Are you sure it is ‘fastboot boot recovery.img” ?
Yes, have you followed the instructions dear?
Comments are closed.