Since the Lollipop Update for Lenovo A6000 released, we have seen a number of our blog visitors complaining about the performance and the device lags. Now we are feeling to revert back to KitKat from Lollipop on Lenovo A6000 which was much better in terms of performance and had no lag issues. It is quite simple to revert back to KitKat just by installing a TWRP Recovery on Lenovo A6000 which is running on Lollipop and then flash the Stock Kitkat Rom for Lenovo A6000/Plus. Without wasting your time lets just go straight to the tutorial but before that please go through the warning message below.
Disclaimer: Rooting or installing a custom ROM breaks the warranty of the device. You are sole responsible for this and we take no liability if your SD card doesn’t work or any other loss.
PRE-REQUISITES FOR REVERTING BACK TO KITKAT FROM LOLLIPOP ON LENOVO A6000/PLUS
- Please follow the guide for installing TWRP Recovery on Lenovo A6000 which is running on Lollipop
- Stock Rom for Lenovo A6000 which will help you to revert back to KitKat from Lollipop on your device.
- Keep the device battery charged above 50%
- Take the backup of your personal files and contacts
HOW TO REVERT BACK TO KITKAT FROM LOLLIPOP ON LENOVO A6000
METHOD 1: If you do not have the old KitKat Stock ROM
- Download and Copy the Stock ROM on your SD card
- Boot into Recovery by following the guide for installing TWRP Recovery on Lenovo A6000
- Make a full system wipe of Dalvik cache, data, cache etc using the “Format button”
- Go back the main screen and select “Install” and then press one level up and select the SD Card.
- Now select the Stock ROM zip file and “Swipe Install”
- When the message comes complete then “Reboot to System”
METHOD 2: If you have the old KitKat Stock ROM and on S052_150825
- Download this zip file from and extract it using Winrar
- Extract the old stock ROM and then copy the META-INF and system folder from the newly downloaded file. Or just drag and drop to both the WinRAR files.
- It will ask you to overwrite the files, just select yes to all
- Now zip the file and follow from step 2 from METHOD 1
METHOD 3: If you have the old KitKat Stock ROM and on other Version
- You need to edit UTC and DATE in the stock ROM which is the same on your Lollipop ROM
- Install Xplore file manager on your Lollipop Based Lenovo A6000 and check for the build.prop
- Now note down the UTC and DATE from the build.prop and edit the following files in your stock ROM on your pc using Notepad++
- Updater-script \META-INF\com\google\android
- Updater-script \META-INF\com\android
- Now follow from step 2 from METHOD 1
Please wait until the system reboots to the screen where you’ll be asked to setuKitKatat. The boot time will generally take 2-5 minutes, do not assume that your device has been bricked, please have the patience and be calm until it boots up finally. Generally, the first boot takes a little time, but you’ll definitely revert back to KitKat from Lollipop on Lenovo A6000 and Plus.