Coolpad Note 3 is one of the best budget smartphone for Indian users with so many features and fingerprint scanner too. Well most of us bought it on flash sale from Amazon.in and have been using it without any complaint, but yes we do need a rooted device to explore the most of it. So in this article we will learn how to root coolpad note 3 and install custom recovery like Philz Recovery/TWRP. You can even root your Coolpad Note 3 without the help of any pc/laptop and can use the simple Kingroot application and Flashify to install custom recovery.
DISCLAIMER : Rooting or Flashing Custom Recoveries/Roms can brick your device. We at Techolite do not take any kind of responsibilities if your phone doesn’t boots up or your SD card is dead. It is your sole responsibility to root or flash custom roms and recoveries and bear the loss if incurred in the process.
How To Root Coolpad Note 3 Without PC
- Copy the apk if you have downloaded on your pc to your Coolpad Note 3
- If you have downloaded it on your phone then just install it
- Now open the Kingroot Application
- Click the root button and wait for a moment
- You should get the success message of root within 1-2 minutes
- Reboot your device once
To check if your Coolpad Note 3 is rooted, download root checker application from Google playstore and check it.
How To Root Coolpad Note 3 With PC/Laptop
- SP_Driver_V2.0 and driver_setup_150313
- SP Flashtool
- Recovery – Philz Recovery/TWRP/CWM (Any one)
- Extract SP_Driver_V2.0 and driver_setup_150313 on your pc and install them and then reboot your pc/laptop
- Extract SP Flashtool on your Desktop
- Now on your Coolpad Note 3 goto Settings > About Phone and then continuously tap on Build Number until you get a message “Developer Mode Enabled”
- Go back and then you will see Developer Options under Settings and tick the USB Debugging
- Copy the SuperSu_v2.49.zip on your SD card of your Phone
- Now open the SP Flashtool folder and paste the recovery.img & MT6753_Android_scatter.txt
- In the SP Flashtool folder right click on flash_tool.exe and run as administrator
- When the SP Flash tool window opens > Click on scatter loading and select MT6753_Android_scatter.txt
- Click on Download from the top
- Now switch off your Coolpad Note 3 and then connect it to your pc/laptop using USB cable and press the Volume Up button two times. This should flash the custom recovery on your device and give a successful message on the SP Flash Tool Window
- While you have disconnected your device from the pc and kept it switched off press Volume up and Down button together for few seconds until you see the “recovery menu“
- Now select install
- Select external sd and then select SuperSu_v2.49.zip
- Reboot your device
- Now check if your device is rooted by installing root checker application from Google playstore
Credits : Md Rajaul
8 thoughts on “How To Root Coolpad Note 3 & Install Custom Recovery”
How to update to marshmallow in coolpad note without pc
My note 3 is not getting start after I tried to install twrp recovery by superSu can anyone help me please please please help me bro.
Can i get a link to download
I am not able to install the Driver setup file, on windows 8.1, it always has an error. I have tried it about 19 to 20 times but it isn’t installing. It there a way to install the drivers on windows 8.1 or a way to root and flash recovery without pc? Please answer me
Thanks, used kingroot and it worked.
You’re welcome. Kingroot is the easiest way to root. Glad it worked for you.
Kingroot or no other root application works with coolpad note 3 after marshmallow update.
Comments are closed.