After the successful launch of Coolpad Note 3, the company launched a mild version of it and named it Coolpad Note 3 Lite which has lesser specifications than its predecessor but no doubt the Coolpad Note 3 Lite boosts with premium features at such a low price. There have been many users of this device and they require root privileges to maximize the utilization of the device or to install custom ROM’s on it. In this article with the help of the developer Md Rajaul we will guide you to root your Coolpad Note 3 Lite and install TWRP custom recovery.
DISCLAIMER : Rooting or Flashing Custom Recoveries/Roms can brick your device. We at Techolite do not take any kind of responsibilities if your phone doesn’t boots up or your SD card is dead. It is your sole responsibility to root or flash custom ROM’s and recoveries and bear the loss if incurred in the process.
How To Root Coolpad Note 3 Lite Without PC
Rooting Without PC
- Copy the apk if you have downloaded on your pc to your Coolpad Note 3 Lite
- If you have downloaded it on your phone then just install it
- Now open the Kingroot Application
- Click the root button and wait for a moment
- You should get the success message of root within 1-2 minutes
- Reboot your device once
To check if your Coolpad Note 3 is rooted, download root checker application from Google play store and check it.
How To Root Coolpad Note 3 Lite With PC/Laptop
- SP_Driver_V2.0 and driver_setup_150313
- SP Flashtool
- Recovery – Coolpad-Note-3-Lite-TWRP-Techolite.com.zip
Installing Custom Recovery Using PC/Laptop
- Extract SP_Driver_V2.0 and driver_setup_150313 on your pc and install them and then reboot your pc/laptop
- Extract SP Flashtool on your Desktop
- Now on your Coolpad Note 3 go to Settings > About Phone and then continuously tap on Build Number until you get a message “Developer Mode Enabled”
- Go back and then you will see Developer Options under Settings and tick the USB Debugging
- Copy the SuperSu_v2.49.zip on your SD card of your Phone
- Now open the SP Flashtool folder and paste the recovery.img & MT6753_Android_scatter.txt
- In the SP Flashtool folder right click on flash_tool.exe and run as administrator
- When the SP Flash tool window opens > Click on scatter loading and select MT6753_Android_scatter.txt
- Click on Download from the top
- Now switch off your Coolpad Note 3 Lite and then connect it to your pc/laptop using USB cable and press the Volume Up button two times. This should flash the custom recovery on your device and give a successful message on the SP Flash Tool Window
Rooting Using Custom Recovery
- While you have disconnected your device from the pc and kept it switched off press Volume up and Down button together for few seconds until you see the “recovery menu“
- Now select install
- Select external sd and then select SuperSu_v2.49.zip
- Reboot your device
- Now check if your device is rooted by installing root checker application from Google play store
Coolpad Note 3 Lite has custom ROMs which has many enhanced features with better battery backup. Thanks to the author of the custom ROMs who has spent days and nights working on it for the development. We’ll be posting the custom ROMs for Coolpad Note 3 Lite very soon and will link you from here.
10 thoughts on “How To Root Coolpad Note 3 Lite & Install TWRP Custom Recovery”
my phone was not show the zip in recovery mode,plz tell second way to instal superSU zip plz
I have done everything the above procedure..at last by the root checker it says not properly rooted..what to do now
My coolpad note 3 lite froze completely and won’t boot past its logo. Its just a junk now. I regret trying to flash my phone using your procedure.
install factory rom using sp flash tool, I faced the same problem.
not able root with any app and after installing any twrp it is not going to recovery mood in first boot in second recovery boot it is going to android 6.0 stack recovery mood
if you solve my problem pls send me msg on facebook and
thanks in advance
I have flashed the twrp revovery but whenever i try the stock recovery opens…. help me plz
i have erorr message and my phone does not start how to start my phone please help me..
What error message are you getting?
Hello. I own a coolpad note 3 lite When i flash a custom recovery twrp in it, and after that when i enter in recovery mode not open, then my phone automatically root asking many times but i cannot see the my phone operation . Please help….
Your problem I have same problem
Comments are closed.